Auto Insurance in Pennsylvania
Asset Planning Insurance Group, LLC in Johnstown, PA provides a variety of automobile insurance options for residents of Pennsylvania. Whether you are a longtime Keystone State resident, a newcomer to Pennsylvania, or a new driver, our agents look forward to explaining the coverage that best suits your budget and needs.
What Insurance Must I Purchase?
To own and drive a motor vehicle in our state, your policy must have the following minimum areas of coverage:
- Bodily Injury Coverage that pays at least $15,000 for injuries caused to an individual and up to $30,000 for a single accident. This coverage pays for damage that occurs, as well as rehabilitative and medical expenses.
- Medical Benefits Coverage of at least $5,000 to protect you and others on your policy, regardless of how an accident happened.
- Property Damage Liability of at least $5,000 if you are responsible for an accident.
What Other Factors Affect My Premium?
You have the option to take these steps to lower your premium:
- Selecting the Limited Tort option
- Eliminating options that cover funeral expenses or loss of income
- Reducing or removing coverage for underinsured or uninsured drivers
- Increasing comprehensive and collision deductibles or dropping coverage in these areas if you own your car
Our agents will happily assist you in selecting the best level of coverage for your circumstances.
What are limited and full tort coverage options?
Under Pennsylvania law, you will save money on your premium if you choose to purchase Limited Tort coverage for your vehicle. Limited Tort costs less because you waive your rights to recover money for some damages, including most instances of pain-and-suffering. Full Tort provisions have higher premiums but allow you to sue a negligent party if an accident takes place.
Your One-Stop Choice for Insurance
Headquartered in Johnstown, PA, Asset Planning Insurance Group, LLC offers automotive, homeowners, and commercial insurance coverage in Pennsylvania. Contact us today to discuss the options that may work best for you.